So I had a whole list of things to do for father/son day yesterday. Here’s what we actually accomplished:
- Wore tank tops
- Watched boxing
- Tried (unsuccessfully, so far) to teach my son to throw a jab-straight when I say, “Wanna box?”
- Played roll the ball
- Scratched the cat’s head (me) and tugged on the cat’s collar (son)
- Did the “what’s back there?” game (which involves sitting on the couch and hoisting my son overhead while saying, “What’s back there?”) about 100 times
- Went “running” for an hour (between the heat and the 20+ pound kid in the jogging stroller, “shambling” was more like it)
- Dominated some pizza and hot wings
- Built and destroyed several mega blocks towers
- Read Monday the Bullfrog
- Listened to the A-B-C song and his Scout the Dog songs about 1,732 times
- Had a blast!
Except, of course, that we both miss Mom. Good news is she’s home today–hopefully in time for a nap!