A while ago, I posted about the best books ever. Well, in the meantime Wolfe has really become a voracious reader. He’s added a few more gems to his ever-growing favorites shelf (and you should see the reviews he’s posted on Goodreads!). Here are the new additions to his list:
- Fox in Socks, Bricks and Blocks by Dr. Seuss–I have to admit, this one goes on my list too
- Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed by Eileen Christelow
- We’re Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen
As for me, I just glanced over the books I’ve read so far in 2012. With a newborn, my numbers are not as high as they might otherwise have been. Plus there have only been a few of those “I can’t put this down” moments for me so far this year. Here are the books I’ve read that have had some of that magic:
- 11/22/63 by Stephen King–I’m a big King fan, but I know some of his books fall into the “meh” category. This is not one of those books. Good stuff here. Time travel, pop culture, and alternate history. What more could you ask for?
- The Accident: A Thriller by Linwood Barclay–Barclay’s writing isn’t the greatest, and some of the characters aren’t believable. But I found myself turning the pages to see what happened next. This book lived up to its subtitle!
- Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder–I was hesitant to read this book, which I actually bought a couple of years ago. Maria was a classmate at Seton Hill University, and I was worried about not liking it but having to pretend I did. The thing that really hooked me about this book was the unapologetically kick ass heroine. She does not sit around waiting to be rescued. She takes it upon herself to become the means of her own redemption.